Thursday 13 March 2014

Looking at different contents pages

Examples of Contents

I took some pictures of different contents pages of the latest editions of NME and Q Magazine. These pictures will help me create my contents page, giving me ideas on the layout, colours used, font placement, size and type of font. These are the contents pages.


This is the March edition of NME and promoted the NME awards which took place last week. The layout of this contents page is unusual and does not follow NME's typical house style. This may be the one off as it is the NME awards week or maybe NME have changed the layout of their contents page completely. This is different to the traditional layout of NME's contents page which you can see below.



This is a more traditional layout of an NME contents page which follows the traditional house style. It is a more basic layout and the images make up the majority of the page. This is an example of what I want my contents page to look like as it is original and simplistic yet looks effective with the use of different fonts and sizes of images.



Even though this is Q's contents page, I still feel as though it can give me good ideas with the different use of colours and basic layout. It is laid out across two pages unlike NME but in some cases looks more effective as some of the images are imposed and bring an element of 3D to the page e.g. The head of Prince's guitar and his head are imposed out of the background of the original image and backed onto the white canvas.




No comments:

Post a Comment