Tuesday 1 April 2014

Looking At Different Double Page Spreads

I have been looking at a range of NME's double page spreads as part of my planning and research. This will help me create my double page spread which I have started to make using Photoshop. These are a series of different double page spreads which I see as inspiration. The majority of these double page spreads contain pictures with three or less people as I am looking at layout, font, colours and images. I will do a seperate blog on double page spreads with four piece bands as the feature. These are some of the double page spreads which I have screen-shotted from NME's website:


1. Julian Casablancas




This is the double page spread from the latest edition of NME. The layout for this double page spread is fairly simple but looks bold and eye-catching for audiences through the title stating "NME HEROES". The image central is professionally taken and has been placed in the centre of the double page spread. The boxed font surround the image is ideal and something I have also been using when making my double page spread. 

The magazines front cover is to the right.










2. Johnny Marr


From the same new edition of NME comes this similar styled double page spread as it is a continuation of the article. The image here does not take up the whole or one side of the double page spread which leaves a lot of blank canvas but, it still looks simplistic and not over complicated or littered with text and images.

3. Franz Ferdinand




 The colour scheme for this double page spread, again from the same NME edition, is consistent and follows a blue, black and white scheme but with this double page spread, the main image takes up both of the pages with the text and title placed in to the right hand side. This is a more modern take on creating a double page spread

4.Jake Bugg



This double page spread is from the edition in which NME updated their look for the first time in years. Again the image take up both pages. I feel as though it will be a challenge to get an image with amazing quality and to spread it across both pages.










This is the front cover in which the last double page spread was taken from can be seen to the right.  

No comments:

Post a Comment