Monday 21 April 2014

Front Cover Screen Shot Progress

The Progress

This is the series of screenshots I have taken to show the progress of my final front cover. I will show how it started from the front covers main image to the final product. Here are the screen shots and the progress of my magazines front cover.

1.


It started with my original image. I took many which looked similar using my IPhone camera but this was the best image i found in terms of quality and positioning. From the main image I could model the other codes and conventions around it.

2.


I then reduced the images saturation to black and white as this suited the front cover best. As well as this I placed my masthead in the top left hand corner as this is the house style I am following. I imposed the heads of my band in front of the masthead.

3.


I then added in my magazines masthead and titled it the name of the band. I used the Opifico font, a font I have used throughout the creation of my magazine as a whole. I boxed it in red to make it stand out.


4.


Also, I added a caption underneath the headline in smaller font and highlighted "Reveal all" in yellow to make it stand out. As well as this I decided my colour scheme for the front cover would be red, white, yellow and black.







I then also added a quotation from the band and made the font yellow to make it eye catching. I got this idea from the first magazine cover I looked at which can be seen to the right: 










5.


I then added my bar code in the bottom right hand corner as well as some of the other bands featured in the magazine which I have placed to the right of the masthead which NME do consistently. Examples of this can be seen underneath:

 

          
6.


I then added the smaller features and included plus sings (+) to identify that it is additional information. I used the same font again.

7.


I then added a plus box and added different artists at the bottom in alternating colours and in a medium sized font as well as filling the "o" in on the left hand side.

I then made some additional changes and cleaned up the front cover and my final front cover is underneath:


No comments:

Post a Comment