Wednesday 6 November 2013

Music Magazine Genre Type

Genre Type

This blog is about my idea for the music magazine I am to produce, what type of image used for the main image as well as looking at examples to take inspiration from and what genre of music the magazine will be based on.

The type of genre I am most familiar with is the Alternative/Classic/Indie rock genre and so I have chosen this music genre to focus my magazine on. As well as this, I am a regular reader of magazines such as NME and Q and will usually buy the magazine based on the front covers content. In my research, I will look at different examples of magazine covers in order to create a template on which I will create my magazine from. Looking at different magazines as a template will help me to establish what type of image, font, content, language and colours to use when producing the magazine.

The types of images I will use will be of a band, either a three piece or four piece, with one or two guitarists, a bassist and a drummer.



   
This is a good example of what I would like my main image as for my music magazine. It shows the four band members all directly looking at the camera. The picture is high quality and would be ideal for a front cover image.

Again, this shows the four band members without instruments, even though we know they are band members, looking directly at the camera but this time there is an edit with the blue lighting, highlighting their facial expressions. Also, this image is aligned horizontally and neat which would also suit the front of a magazine cover.







No comments:

Post a Comment